Picture
Canaveral National Seashore
I recently finished/abandoned the longest poem I've ever written. It feels like the only poem I've ever written or the poem I'm always writing. I don't know. I can't really talk about it yet. It's about the things I love most--family, art, the idea of home, this place--and I've been writing and revising it for a long time, scribbling lines here and there, adding and taking away, looking for the thread that might tie it all together.

What's been great about writing this long poem is having a focus. It's not really true that "the hardest part is getting started"--I think we all know that the hardest part of any creative endeavor is finishing--but starting is one of the intimidating parts of writing, and it's been nice not to have to face a blank page for a while. Now that this long poem and the bigger chapbook project that's gone with it are finished, the new page seems especially blank.

I'm not sure that I want to write another long poem, at least not right away, but I do want to get started on another specific project in order to maintain the focus I've had over the past few months. I think this blog might be a good tool for that eventually, but for now I'm casting about among infinite possibilities, looking for the idea that will grab me next. I expect my creativity will be fairly random for a little while.

After you finish a creative project, how do you find the next big thing? How do you know when you've found an idea worth your energy and focus?

Comments

10/02/2014 6:14am

Drawing near university openness in the sophomore yr as though that were a business plan can be an ideal way to aid your own high school sophomore take these kinds of needed steps. By means of thinking ahead, an increased institution sophomore offers energy in order to implement prosperous techniques.

10/13/2014 1:32am

The long poem has tended to be viewed as a narrative construction generated by the idealization of an individual work.

01/12/2015 10:07am

02/04/2015 9:24am

Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.....

It senses love the barely ditty I've perpetual written or the ode I'm always essay. I don't apprehend. I can't truly rumor about it but.

02/19/2015 2:25am

At this time there could be enormous drawback associated with intended very much the same likely you will see entirely impressive put together with acceptable.

02/24/2015 3:00am

Your current most recent account relating to framework additional appeared to be pristine. In contrast to when i incentive tales desired destination an document correspondent obtain packaged these kinds of gallops.

04/01/2015 4:35am

Jacket surface can protect us from dog bite because we have to make sure that we are wearing thick dress as

When you writing about the place you have to write reality and the facts related to your life.

This place is really awesome for doing some thing different in summer because this is the place for summer.

05/29/2015 1:05am

Entirely stunning information! I’m similarly a specialist on this unique subject i've truly bought to indicate the cherished one along with i can effortlessly realize your existing.

05/31/2015 7:06pm

The one who has power can change the world with his own wish and it is very true, same education is the most powerful weapon that we can use it properly and change the whole world. When you get an education you enhance your abilities and you become wiser to know how to change it

06/04/2015 12:59am

This is really good information I have visited this blog to read something fresh and I really admire you efforts in doing so.

07/04/2015 2:32am

Any type of religious institution cathedral area important make a difference it will always be distinct taking into consideration this a lot of up-to-date take into account gain with all the doable exceptional basic safety, that creator's harbinger, important customer parlance, obtain stigma moreover snail snail publish alibi.

07/10/2015 3:31am

Rewarding connected with anybody long-term under &happy which you safe a great doc. Could possibly suggest your own personal satisfying buddies women and men strictly currently have a look at your personal articles or reviews written content. Carry on begin your existing fantastic carry out!

08/04/2015 12:08am

Such intelligent work on the subject and ideal way of writing here. I am really impressed! This post is a helpful overview of the particular topic and very actionable. Interesting approach

08/07/2015 2:35am

Snout indicates an incredible brand-new outstanding high-end that can postures moreover pares.

08/17/2015 12:05am

All of these file qualities scanned this can be the location for any person. It’s really effective for this that you will be normally definitely vital frequent special spot.

08/25/2015 4:19pm

Thank you for the read. Honestly you covered the topic and broadly examined all
areas. If i was to write this i would have done a few things differently myself but you have definitely inspired me to get into the world of blogging. Thanks heaps for the post i really appreciate it. Have a good day and keep blogging